Join the ACF Team
Property Manager – Denver, Colorado
Purpose of the position:
Responsible for the day-to-day aspects of property management and maintenance issues related to a retail portfolio. This portfolio is primarily in Denver, Colorado market, but may assist remotely with properties in other states.
This individual works in tandem with the Senior Property Manager and Vice President of ACF as well as the accounting team, leasing, facilities staff and construction coordinator to provide a full range of timely services to tenants and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following but other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain tenant request/complaint logs and ensures that responses to requests are performed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that preventative maintenance programs are in place and being performed.
- Understands policies of insurance on assigned property, including procedures for filing claims and loss prevention reports.
- Work with A/R team to evict as necessary, in compliance with court order and directions from layer and owners.
- Receive, code and process all invoices on a daily basis as they arrive. Work with A/P to ensure timely process is followed.
- Develop and maintain excellent tenant/owner relationships as well as vendor relationships.
- Communicate the terms of the lease through the accurate filing of lease abstracts and monitoring of the property and other reports.
- Prepare annual property budget and monitor expenses to determine if a reforecast is necessary.
- Assist owners, attorneys and buyers during due diligence periods and coordinate all efforts in a new property takeover.
- Develop contracted service specifications and negotiation all annual service contract.
- Use industry knowledge to implement appropriate risk management practices.
- Analyze building security systems, understand operation of such of makes recommendations to Regional Manager or ownership as necessary.
- Works with construction coordinator, contractors, and subcontractors to coordinate tenant build outs, maintenance issues, upkeep or reconditioning of property.
- Manages vendors, tracks maintenance issues and ensures that repairs are made in a timely manner. In addition, conducts thorough on-site inspections of properties including roof.
- Reviews work orders and watches for repetitive building issues. Proactively resolves these issues prior to tenant awareness. Further, makes recommendations of when to repair vs. replace components of the center(s).
- Manages capital projects for portfolio. Approves supplies and equipment for use on leased properties.
- Prepares periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to Regional Manager for review.
- Contacts utility companies to understand potential utility rebates available.
- Manages, trains, motivates and develops subordinates. Ensure they understand objectives and goals. Conducts weekly action agenda meetings with Regional Property Manager, submitting a meeting report to management.
- Reports to Regional Property Manager and Vice President
- 5 years of commercial and/or retail property management work experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, writing skills
- Must be computer literate using Microsoft Office and smart phones.
- Must be able to prepare realistic budgets and understand basic math concepts.
- Prior commercial real estate experience a must. Should have general knowledge of landscaping, asphalt and concrete, roof replacement, HVAC systems and electrical systems.
- Must be able to understand owner’s perspective and goals for the portfolio.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well independently.
- Should have a strong sense of organization and the ability to follow through with details.
- Must be able to understand the “big” picture of how the budget, portfolio and customer service work together. Must be able to work through issues by using critical analysis skills related to operation issues.